Hilly respects your right to privacy. When you visit Hillysocks.com/usa, you may be providing information to us on two different levels about your visit:
- Anonymous statistics collected as you browse the site, and
- Personal information you knowingly give us.
Hilly is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We've structured our web site so that, in general, you can visit on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. In the event that personal information is disclosed to us, we want you to be aware of how we handle this information.
Accuracy & Access
Hilly strives to keep your personal identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information on the Hilly Web site where it was submitted.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personal identifiable information, return to the web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that web page.
Certain areas of the Hilly web site may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and through providing personal data.
The information you submit is never shared with any third parties unless it is necessary to complete your request. Links to third party web sites on the site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Hilly site. Hilly has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their individual privacy policies. Thus, Hilly does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk.
Hilly is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Hilly would like to assure you that we do not:
- Collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us.
- Provide or sell the names and addresses of our customers [site users] to outside vendors
- Safeguard customers' information from unauthorized access.
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet customers' needs (e.g. customer care or new products or services).
- Honor customers' requests to remove their names from our e-mail solicitation lists.
Hilly values your privacy, and we reinforce this belief throughout our organization. Your information will be protected as described unless the specific web page says otherwise.
Statistics about your visit
As you browse the site, our web servers collect information about your visit, not about you personally. Via web server logs, we monitor statistics such as:
- How many people visit our site
- Which pages people visit on our site
- From which domains our visitors come (e.g., "sympatico.ca" or "rogers.com")
- Which browsers people use to visit our site
- While we gather this information, none of it is associated with you as an individual. We use these statistics to improve our Web site, to monitor its performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors to use.
Children's Privacy Protection
Hilly takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and encourages parents to be an active participant in their child's online activities and interests. We abide by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requirements.
The Hilly web sites are not targeted or intended for children under the age of 18. Hilly web sites that do not target children will not knowingly collect data from them. If we discover personal data from a child, we will eliminate that data.